Make your own Montessori Munari Infant Mobile with this Munari Mobile Kit.
The Munari Mobile is the first mobile in the Montessori mobile series for infants. It is a black and white mobile that captures the child’s attention from just 2-3 weeks after birth. The iridescent sphere and shiny black paper, plus the high contrast of the black and white shapes make this the perfect first mobile for a newborn infant.
The Munari Mobile makes a wonderful Baby Shower gift for an expectant parent. It will become an heirloom piece that parents can use with all of their babies and pass along to future generations.
This Munari Kit includes all of the components you will need to put together your own Munari Mobile, including detailed instructions and pattern pieces.
*** PLEASE NOTE: this is a kit designed for you to create your own Munari Mobile, it is not a completed mobile. You will need to follow the instructions included in the kit in order to create the Munari components and assemble the mobile.
This kit is Beginner Friendly
Skills needed: cutting and tracing paper, gluing paper together, painting wood dowels, hanging and balancing mobile.
Each Munari Mobile Kit includes the following supplies to create your Munari Mobile:
– 3 lengths of ⅛” diameter wooden dowels
– Black acrylic paint
– Black and white paper, assorted sizes to fit the pattern pieces
– Glue stick
– 3 yards of white silk thread
– Hand sewing needle
– White school glue
– Iridescent clear plastic sphere
– Box that can be re-used to store the finished mobile
– Instructions for hanging the finished mobile
– Munari Pattern & Instructions
Additional Tools needed to create Munari Mobile (not included in the kit):
– Ruler or Tape Measure
– You will need somewhere to hang your mobile to assemble and balance it. This could be a garment rack, a ceiling fan, a mobile hanger, or a hook in the ceiling.
Included in the Pattern & Instructions:
– Step-by-Step Instructions: complete and detailed instructions (including illustrations) on how to create each component of the mobile and how to hang and balance your mobile.
– Pattern Pieces for each component of the mobile