PDF Sewing Pattern for a Montessori Infant Undershirt
The Montessori Infant Undershirt is a traditional Montessori newborn item that makes a beautiful heirloom piece for any newborn. It is meant to be layered beneath a shirt or sweater, or worn alone in warmer weather. It is made of delicate Cotton, Silk, or Viscose Batiste that will be smooth against the newborn’s delicate skin. All seams are sewn so the undershirt has no itchy or bulky seams against the baby’s skin.
The PDF Sewing Pattern for the Montessori Infant Undershirt will give you stitch-by-stitch instructions, including detailed photos, to teach you how to hand-sew this heirloom Montessori Undershirt for Infants and young babies. If you prefer machine sewing – the pattern can be used to sew rolled-hems and flat-felled seams on a sewing machine or serger as well.
– Electronic PDF Sewing Pattern that you can download and print at home as soon as your purchase is complete
– Step-by-Step Instructions: complete and very detailed instructions, including detailed photos, on how to hand-sew rolled hems and flat-felled seams on the undershirt.
– Full-Size Pattern Pieces: Print the pattern pages at home on regular printer paper and tape together (following detailed instructions) to form the full-size patterns pieces for both sizes.
– Materials List: list of all materials needed, with links to suggested fabrics and vendors
– Tools List: list of all tools needed, with links to suggested tools
– Two sizes: The undershirt pattern pieces come in two sizes for newborns and children up to 4 months old.
1/3 yard Cotton, Silk, Rayon, or Viscose Batiste
Sewing Thread to match
Fabric Marking Pen